There are several products available to protect you from the winter. Jackets and coats are the obvious choices but they can be very expensive and bulky. Thermal wears act as a savior. They are lightweight, absorbs perspiration, cost-effective and is available in various materials like cotton, wool, and acrylic.
For women, there is a wide range of choices which can make it difficult to choose the best thermal wear for women. It is recommended that, while shopping customers should focus on their needs and preferences.
Concern related to bulkiness, thickness, and weight of the thermals is justified and it becomes important that women keep in mind the materials used to make fabrics, layers of the thermal and different type of fabric blends.
Reasons for using thermals:
Thermals are available for plenty of situations to be worn during winters.
- Housewives can wear thermals comfortably to do household activities. These can be worn below any type of dress like a gown or a salwar. Three-fourths are the perfect choice for homemakers and housewives.
- Working women can wear thermals to avoid cold weather and remain warm and comfortable. The best option available is a camisole top with a bottom.
- While planning a camping or outing, thermal wear for women is dependable and warm clothing. A three-fouth top or a cami top along with a bottom is a great option.
- For sports participants and athletes, cami top can help immensely with body temperature control and absorbing perspiration. Thermals are great for other cold weather sports like skiing and snowboarding.
Best Fabric type for a women’s thermal:
Pure cotton fabrics are slowly losing their charm and getting out of fashion. They carry extra weight and gives a bulky appearance but is still popular for indoor purposes. They have high warmth retaining and moisture retention ability.
Wool is the most preferred fabric for thermal wear for women. They provide good warmth, avoids irritation and itching and absorbs moisture. Wool thermals are made from good quality wool taken from sheep. Because of its high manufacture cost, they can be expensive but is very cost-efficient.
Cotton polyfill and Polyester is a great blend that has slowly emerged as the most popular fabric type for women’s thermal. These allow warmth, optimum moisture control along with comfort. Moreover, thermal made from blended fabrics provide good odor and reduces cooling effect due to perspiration.
How to choose the best fabric?:
Layering is the key to facing harsh winter weathers. For women with immunity problems and even healthy women, it is important to choose the right product with the right patterns.
- A waffle knit pattern is perfect for heat insulation as it is made from a cotton-polyester blend.
- Plus size set can be helpful to avoid overheating and moisture retention.
- Fleece-lined fabric is great for warmth and comfort
- For women looking for products to wear under clothes and avoid bulkiness, choose an extra thin and breathable fabric.
With the winters getting colder every year, it is necessary to choose the perfect thermal wear for women. Focus on fabrics, blended fabrics, and patterns and enjoy warmth, comfort and avoid the accumulation of moisture.